Guenard & Bozarth, LLP
We Can Help. Call Us at 916-226-9098
Experienced | Trusted

Deadly Distractions Other Than Cell Phones

News reports make it appear that all cases of distracted driving are related to cell phones and texting. This is simply not the case according to the National Safety Council. Since cell phone usage accounts for just over 50% of driving distractions it is worth looking at the "rest of the story."

Sacramento area drivers have become accustomed to traffic and related delays. Anyone who frequents either 5 or 99 have learned to expect commute delays lasting between 5 minutes and 2 hours. Time spent in traffic has led to increased distractions for many of us. Every day we see people driving while eating, drinking, watching videos, reading, personal grooming, fiddling with the GPS and talking to passengers especially children. Any one of the activities is distracting and when any 2 are combined it becomes a recipe for disaster.

The National Highway Safety Council reports that distracted driving accounted for more than 3,000 deaths in 2015 and that same year more than 301,000 injuries happened as a result of distracted driving. Surprisingly, only about 8 percent of those injures were accidents involving a cell phone. That leaves almost 92 percent of other accidents happening as a result of other forms of distractions. Consumers aren't self-regulating their behavior and while their children watch them drive many have adopted the "Do as I say and not as I do" approach to driving. The truth is the driver who hit and injured you may not have been on their cell phone and may very well have been distracted.

We represent people who are injured because of the careless and reckless acts of others. At the end of the day your case can only be settled one time and you need to know all of the facts beforehand. The reason that insurance companies have paid our clients in excess of $130,000,000.00 is that we get the facts and are not intimidated at the prospect of going to trial when they refuse to follow the law. We help with serious issues that require serious representation. We are the Law Offices of Guenard & Bozarth. We have over 80 years of experience in our plaintiff's only law firm. Call GB Legal 24/7/365 at 888-809-1075 or visit www.gblegal.com We Can Help!

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Success Stories

The committed team at Guenard & Bozarth has recovered millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for families devastated by debilitating injuries, wrongful deaths and shameful insurance company tactics.

  • The committed team at Guenard & Bozarth has recovered millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for families devastated by debilitating injuries, wrongful deaths and shameful insurance company tactics.

Hire Proven Professionals— Call 916-226-9098 For A Free Consultation Or Fill Out the Secure Form Below. Or Click The Button To fill Out The Secure Form

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information
disclaimer.

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

close

Privacy Policy

Hire the Right Experts - Call Today For a Free Consultation at 916-226-9098

Elk Grove Office
8830 Elk Grove Blvd
Elk Grove, CA 95624

Phone: 916-226-9098
Fax: 916-714-9031
Map & Directions
Elk Grove Law Office Map

Sacramento Office
1810 S Street
Sacramento, CA 95814

Phone: 916-226-9098
Map & Directions


Review Us

Attorney Memberships and Our Commitment to the Community