Being number one is usually a good thing. The Sacramento region is number one among big cities in California for killing or injuring children under 15 with our cars. We also have the highest per capita rate of alcohol-involved injury crashes. The reasons for this ranking are many and include the number of miles we drive and local police departments have inadequate staffing to enforce traffic laws. Too much of these numbers can be traced back to the choices drivers make.
Every driver and passenger plays a role in deciding how deadly our streets are. Here are some basic steps we can take to decrease the risk we all face;
• Respect Stop Signs – Remember how you used to obey stop signs? Come to a complete stop, observe all traffic and pedestrians and when safe proceed.
• Stop For All Pedestrians – Understand you may encounter a pedestrian Mid-block, outside of a cross walk and there may not be signage to alert you they are there. When you come to a cross walk slow down and look for pedestrians.
• Slow Down – Speed kills and we see proof of that on the news most every night. Obey the posted limits… They are there to save lives!
• Don’t Block Bike Lanes At All – Driving and parking in a bike lane puts everyone at risk! Someone swerving to avoid a bike who is trying to avoid a car may swerve into your car without notice.
• Don’t Drink And Drive – It’s never a good idea to drive after you’ve been drinking and that includes ‘Buzzed driving and driving after using Cannabis.” Take an Uber, Call a friend, designate a driver or just stay where you are! Everyone is at risk when you drink and drive.
• Hide Your Phone – Texting when driving seems easy and is deadly. These are the facts! The text or the call can wait and if it can’t wait pull over and take of things while parked!
We have a serious problem and we see the results of the problem in the clients we represent. The solution involves drivers and passengers. Drivers need to follow the rules of the road and passengers need to demand they follow the rules.
We represent people who are injured because of the careless and reckless acts of others. At the end of the day your case can only be settled one time and you need to know all of the facts beforehand. The reason that insurance companies have paid our clients in excess of $130,000,000.00 is that we get the facts and are not intimidated at the prospect of going to trial when they refuse to follow the law. We help with serious issues that require serious representation. We are the Law Offices of Guenard & Bozarth. We have almost 60 years of experience in our plaintiff’s only law firm. Call GB Legal 24/7/365 at 888-809-1075 or visit www.gblegal.com We Can Help!