The reality of driving in California is you are going to be involved in some sort of an automobile accident. While some people use the term accident others use the term crash and they both boil down to what’s happened and what to do next. We have had several new clients enter our office who didn’t collect the correct information and this has the potential to hurt the recovery to compensate them for their injuries. If you aren’t 100% sure what to do this is critical information.
Once you are certain you are in a safe place and assuming there are no serious injuries the first thing to do is call the Police and report the accident. Some municipalities will send an officer to take a report and others will send an officer only if one is available and not handling more serious issues. Either way be certain to call because that is a record that can be subpoenaed.
At the accident scene gather as much information as possible and there is no such thing as too much. To make it easy use your phone to take pictures of;
- Your car including license plate
- The other car including license plate
- The other driver
- The position of your car after the accident and before you move it.
- Overall conditions & weather
- Condition of each car after the accident
- Witness accounts at the scene. Your phone can create a video.
- Pictures of identifications and insurance informationSome of the people we suggest this to say they are embarrassed to ask at the scene of the accident while forgetting they may never be in a position to collect this information later. Details matter and more details are better. We are experts at going through evidence and determining what is and isn’t needed. If you take the time to collect as much information as possible we will do the rest. Again, be certain you and your passengers are safe and there is no reason to get into a verbal disagreement with the other driver. Once you collect the facts the facts will speaks for themselves.
We represent people who are injured because of the careless and reckless acts of others. At the end of the day your case can only be settled one time and you need to know all of the facts beforehand. The reason that insurance companies have paid our clients in excess of $130,000,000.00 is that we get the facts and are not intimidated at the prospect of going to trial when they refuse to follow the law. We help with serious issues that require serious representation. We are the Law Offices of Guenard & Bozarth. We have over 80 years of experience in our plaintiff’s only law firm. Call GB Legal 24/7/365 at 888-809-1075 or visit www.gblegal.com We Can Help!