November 10, 2014

 

Just 2 percent of motor vehicle crash deaths involve bicycles and the majority of these deaths the injuries leading to death were to the head. The latest study of bicycle injuries underscores the importance of wearing a helmet whenever you ride your bike.  It’s been established that wearing a helmet reduces your risk of head injury by 85 percent!  It should be noted that even a helmet is not fool proof and that’s revealed by reducing injuries by 85% leaves 15% with some degree of head injury.

Currently 21 states require helmet use for minors.  No state has a law pertaining to adults.  Simply having the law on the books results in an 18% increase in helmet use and thus decreases injury and death rates.  The use of helmets is saving lives among the under 18 year old group and ignoring the over 18 crowd.  During the past few years no more that 17 percent of riders that were involved in accidents that were ultimately fatal were wearing a helmet.

The result is that head injuries in the over 18 crowd are growing at an alarming rate as are the consequences of those injuries and deaths. Death has its limitations and Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) carry with them severe and unpredictable long term deficits.  With a TBI there can be extreme swings in both short term and long term manifestations and being properly evaluated as soon as possible after the injury is crucial!

Being injured in a bicycle accident and not wearing a helmet does not equate to you being responsible for your injuries. The driver of the vehicle that strikes you is responsible for the injuries and damage they create and that is why retaining experienced representation as soon as possible after the injury is crucial.  The typical person injured in a bicycle accident is trying to get healthy and doesn’t have the time required to invest in putting together the facts of the accident and getting statements.  The other party is typically uninjured and can put together their own defense.  This is not in your best interest.  To compound the difficulty, many Traffic Collision Reports incorrectly place the cyclist at fault when it is really the driver who caused it.

At the Law Office of Guenard & Bozarth we have handled hundreds of bicycle accident cases and we know what to look for. Our Managing Partner is a highly experienced bicycle rider himself and he feels a certain kinship with riders like you.  Give Ross Bozarth a call at 888-809-1075 or visit www.gblegal.com  We Can Help!

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn

INSURANCE COMPANIES KNOW US BECAUSE THEY’VE PAID OUR CLIENTS OVER $130 MILLION DOLLARS.

$2.9

MILLION

CAR ACCIDENT INJURY

Guenard & Bozarth llp obtained a $2,962,903 jury verdict in the Sacramento County Superior Court for plaintiff David Schoonover, who suffered head and neck injuries and fractures in a head-on accident on Roseville Road in Roseville on July 22, 2012

$300

THOUSAND

HAIR SALON INJURY

Guenard & Bozarth LLP recently settled a case for $300,000 involving a hair weave that went terribly wrong. Our client was a young lady, and aspiring model, who experienced pressure necrosis from a tight weave and it changed her life.

$500

THOUSAND

SLIP & FALL INJURY

Guenard & Bozarth LLP recently settled a slip and fall case for $500,000 a couple weeks before trial. The client slipped and fell on a wet piece of cardboard in a grocery store and sustained a serious shoulder injury that required surgery.

$300

THOUSAND

NEGLIGENCE INJURY

On February 13, 2013 Maricela, a Certified Nursing Assistant presented to Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital Emergency Room with complaint of neck and back pain. She was diagnosed with a neck strain and was given Ibuprofen and instructed to return if her symptoms did not subside.

YOUR STORY MATTERS TO US

Contact Preferences

How would you like to be contacted? Check all that apply.

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Never in my life did I think I would recommend an attorney. Somehow God sent this angel of an attorney to assist me in my personal injury lawsuit. I was told by lawyers in Bakersfield that my lawsuit was frivolous because there was money in it.

– Bill
Read More

I live in Elk Grove where we don’t always have a lot of choices. Lawyers are one area where we have few good choices. I wanted to work with a local law firm after my motorcycle accident, and I chose Glenn Guenard and Ross Bozarth.

– Lloyd
Read More

My daughter was involved in an automobile accident in an intersection on her 17th birthday. The other person said it was her fault and my daughter said her light was green. I am not the sort of person who sues but my insurance
– Sharon
Read More